Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

My name is actually Julianna. I go by Juls, mostly though. Been known to go by Grandma, Mom, Momma, and the occasional, HEY YOU! There's a few more names I could throw in, but lets keep it g rated :)

I have 6 kids. Married. I have been cooking since I was about 3 or 4. Toast, eggs and pancakes were my first culinary creations. My Mom is a great cook. My Brother is a cook in Homer. My Great Grandparents were both Chefs and owned a restaurant in Budapest in the 1920's. Cooking is in my blood.  I am NOT professional by any means. Just a busy mom that loves to cook!

I've  had a lot of  influences, in learning how to cook.  My parents had an out of work chef that  lived with my family, for a summer, when I was 10.  She showed me a lot of great techniques.  My Friend Berta's Husband is a chef and he has given me some wonderful  advice and tips. And Of course the best cook I've even known. My Mom. 

I get asked for my recipes a lot. But most of them are in my  head. I haven't written very many down. So this is a way to preserve and share them.

Like my ever sought after Salisbury Steak Recipe, My Hungarian Goulash, and the " Best Damn Banana Bread Ever.  I didn't name it that, my Husband did..........and it stuck.

I also cant wait to hear and learn about Busy Moms cooking influences, tips and tricks and secrets you might have. I look forward to, with great anticipation, reading about you. I look forward to, drooling over the recipes, you decide im worthy enough to share with.

So please feel free to leave comments and send me exiting recipes and ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment