Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Aussie Bev's Zingy Potato Salad

 My Friend Bev married one of my oldest friends..... Uncle Jeremiah!  They live down in the wonderful Land of Oz.  She submitted her Potato Salad to me today.  Thanks Bev!  :X


Zingy Potato Salad
This dish contains a herb that has become my latest passion: LOVAGE.

A couple of finely-chopped lovage leaves give an amazing zing to all potato, egg and creamy pasta dishes!

Ingredients
1/2 Kg ( 1lb) Desiree (pink) potatoes, washed, unpeeled and cut into small cubes.
I bottle Praise (Free) Ranch Dressing.
1/2 cup finely-chopped Spanish onion.
1 T chopped chives.
1 T chopped parsley.
1 T chopped lovage.
Freshly-ground black pepper.

Method
Cook cubed potatoes in boiling water till tender.
Drain and rinse in cold water.
Drain and refrigerate (covered) till required.

Mix all other ingredients and put aside in refrigerator till assembling potato salad.

Mix all ingredients gently when ready to serve.

Cheers, Bev

Footnote: I have never heard of lovage so I provided a WIKI link to it for others. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovage

No comments:

Post a Comment