Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Creamy Gaucamole

I never really knew how to make Guacamole, so I made it up as I went along.  The results is a creamy tangy guacamole that is a perfect addition to any Mexican meal!


2-3 very ripe avocados. They should be black and large and soft, but not mushy. If u get some that are hard and small, they really don't taste as good, or work as well. BUT you can ripen them. Put in a brown paper bag and put somewhere dark. They'll ripen in about 2 days.  Watch out for mealy Avocados. They always taste bad to me. When I lived in Hawaii we used to pick Avocados bigger than grapefruits :)

1/3 cup mayo ( can add more if it inst creamy enough)
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt
pepper
2-3 Tablespoons of Chopped cilantro( if desired)
hot sauce or powder cayenne pepper (is desired)
U can also add: Chopped onion,  chopped jalapenos, chuck avocado( after its blended) and/or green onion!

cut avocado in half, then in 1/4s. Cutting around the seed.  Should be able to just pop the seed off.  Using your fingers, peel back the peel. Discard seeds and peels. Cut avocado meat into chunks.

I use a blender or a Braun hand mixer for the next step. Place all ingredients into a blender or a hand mixer and blend until smooth and creamy(if using regular onion, add at this step also)  
I only add the onions, jalapenos or  hot sauce and Cilantro if its just us adults. The kids don't like it as much otherwise. 

When blended, use a rubber spatula and put it in a bowl, then add the additional at this point, like green onion, chopped jalapenos, or chuncked avocado. 

This recipe is entirely my own, from out of my head :) The amounts aren't perfectly accurate. I almost never measure this recipe, since I've made it for over 30 years the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment