Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

From the Mind of my Mother :) Her Deep Fried Halibut Recipe

My Mom( grannie458) Left this as a comment, thought id share it on the main page, to make sure everyone gets to enjoy her uniqueness.





WOW! That sounds great! old woman here needs to eat more seafood just so I can get up in the morning. Good grief, anyone know how much energy it takes to put in teeth?

I made deep fried halibut and for you lazy cooks, of which I am president of that club, I take Biscuit, salt, pepper, garlic, and mix it and then whip an egg white-yes dearie, egg whites LOVE to be whipped but that is another story, it is just difficult to get them to wear the leather hoods and handicuffs, ah, where was I? Oh yeah, beat the egg white until stiff, no honey, the egg white gets stiff, than fold it into the batter. Now, the secret is to roll the pieces of fish in flour before you dip them in the batter for the flour helps them to adhere better. Then drop into the hot grease, put into a brown paper bag-er, it helps to remove the bottle first, add salt and keep adding fish until done. The bag drains the greese and the salt, well, the salt just makes it taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment